The Black Arts & Cultural Center (BACC) strives to develop artistic potential and creativity in the Kalamazoo area. The Center helps to preserve Black cultural heritage and also enhances interactions among diverse community groups. The Black Arts & Cultural Center is located in Downtown Kalamazoo inside the Epic Center. The BACC manages the Gail Sydnor Gallery which is 600 sqft and can hold up to 60 people. Inside of the Epic Center BACC has access to additional space and amenities to fulfill BACC partner programs and events.
What We Consider
The Black Arts & Cultural Center reviews proposals on a quarterly basis. We encourage all proposals to be submitted by the deadlines below to be considered for the upcoming quarter.
|Implementation Quarter||Proposal Deadline||Review Date|
|Jan – March||November 1, 2019||November 26, 2019|
|April – June||February 1, 2019||February 18, 2019|
|July – September||May 1, 2019||May 18, 2019|
|October – December||August 1, 2019||August 20, 2019|
We provide priority of resources to programs, events, projects or services that address the following identified needs and/or interests:
|Performing Arts||Volunteer Engagement|
|Visual Arts||Sponsor Support & Engagement|
|Showcases, Exhibitions & Films||Leadership and Service|
|Artist Development & Enrichment||Fundraising|
|Literacy (financial, reading & writing)||Science, Technology, Engineering & Math|
|Career Exploration & Training||Technical Assistance|
- Submit completed proposal (https://form.jotform.com/blackartskzoo/proposals) by the deadline.
- The BACC Staff and/or Board will review all proposals on a quarterly basis
- All proposals will receive a response regarding their proposal status and acceptance
- If the proposal is accepted, BACC will set up a meeting to discuss next steps and gather any additional details or clarifying information.
- If the proposal is not accepted, BACC will provide recommendations for reapplication or reason for not selecting the proposal.
- Once a proposal is accepted, to maintain the support of the BACC, all deadlines outlined in the proposal as agreed on by both parties are required to be met. If conflict with fulfilment of the proposed program, event or project arise, a detailed written notice is required. The BACC may rescind support to their discretion due to lack of communication, consistent overdue deadlines or unfulfilled commitments from the other parties.